When it comes to ceramic coating your old car, there are many reasons why you might want to do this. Maybe you just bought a new car and don’t want to get rid of your old one quite yet. Maybe you’re trying to prepare it for sale in Kansas City. Or maybe you just like the look of a freshly ceramic coated car and want to keep yours looking new. In any case, Ceramic coating is a great way to protect your paint job from the elements and keep your car looking its best. Here are our 6 steps for how to do it right!
Why you should have your car ceramic coated?
The ceramic coating protects your car from the environment. Ceramic coatings are much harder than clear coats and provide superior protection against scratches, swirl marks, UV rays, and chemical etching. Ceramic coatings also make it easier to clean your car and keep it looking new for longer.
If you’re interested in Ceramic coating your old car, here are our 6 steps to follow:
- Step One: Prepare the surface of your car by washing it thoroughly with a mild soap or detergent. Be sure to remove any waxes or polishes that may be on the surface. You’ll also want to clay bar the surface of your vehicle to remove any contaminants that might be embedded in the paint.
- Step Two: Once the surface is prepped, it’s time to apply the Ceramic coating. Ceramic coatings are typically applied in thin, even coats using a spray bottle or a paint gun. If you’re using a spray bottle, be sure to hold it about six inches away from the surface of your car.
- Step Three: Allow the first coat of Ceramic coating to dry for about 15 minutes before applying a second coat. Again, be sure to apply the second coat in an even manner.
- Step Four: Once you’ve applied two coats of Ceramic coating, allow it to cure for 24 hours before washing or waxing your car.
- Step Five: After the Ceramic coating has cured, you can now wash and wax your car as usual. Be sure to use a mild soap or detergent when washing and avoid using any harsh chemicals or cleaners.
- Step Six: Ceramic coatings typically last for about two years before they need to be reapplied. However, you can extend the life of your coating by regularly washing and waxing your car, and avoiding any harsh chemicals or cleaners.
Following these simple steps, you can keep your car looking its best for years to come! Ceramic coating is an easy way to protect your paint job and make your car easier to clean. So if you’re looking for a way to keep your old car looking new, Ceramic coating Kansas City is the way to go! Thanks for reading!
Ceramic Pro West Kansas City
9038 Parkhill St Lenexa KS